If you know me, you would probably have figured by now that i love the feline cat eye make up, what people call the CAT EYE. I keep getting asked how i make it and so i decided to share with you here 🙂
All you need is a basic eyeliner but my fave is MAC dark black liquid liner or pencil, lancome hypnose mascara black- 6.5g custom wear volume, a neutral color pallette and a really steady hand for the job. So here are my tips for beginners;
1. Find a shade of eyeshadow that is very slightly lighter than your eyelid skin tone. Apply it all over the eyelid using a large eyeshadow brush.
2. Apply a highlight color. Begin directly below your inner brow sweep outwards, following the natural arch of the brow.
3. Apply a darker brown into the outer crease of your eyelid. This should go all the way to the outermost portion of the crease.
4. Gently blend the crease color so that it is not too drastic
5. Using an eyeliner pencil, dot along the lash line from the inner corner to the outer corner. Do it close to the lash line. Only do about 4 dots.
6. Use the dots as a guide. Connect the dots slowly with a liquid liner. Try to stay as close to your lash line as possible.
7. Begin slightly slanting upwards when you get to the middle of your eye.Extend just past the corner of your eye. Once you have created the outline, fill it in.
8. Apply eyeliner to the lower lash line. This can be as thick or as thin as you’d like it, but be sure to stay close to your lash line—gaps are not desired in this look.
9. Apply dark mascara.
10. ALL DONE.
I started my love for writing some decades ago when at 10 years old,i realised i would easily express my feelings and thoughts with a pen and paper. I could draw and write how i felt about the baby doll in a parasole, my mama gave me on my birthday and how tired i was of the cookies she would pack for me for school. It is the same time i discovered my passion for my signature with a butterfly symbol.
Years later, i took my writing passion and transferred it to my little scented note books for little notes for my friends and family. I took that passion and made it my life by having diaries here and there (plus naming them accordingly) i had a diary for everything and anything, from contact diary to poem diary to my little fairy diary for all my thoughts and daily adventures.
Flash forward to three years ago, when i made the biggest transformation yet, by joining other bloggers in their endeavour of sharing their amazing thoughts with the rest of the world, and as usual, i found the perfect name for my blog. MEMOIRS OF A PRINCESS because it is a reflection of me, my thoughts and feelings and i have never been prouder so i want to thank you for all the likes and views. MERCI BEAUCOUP.
Am a huge junk food lover.. am a foodie if i should add. Nothing makes me all tingly and happy than a plate of home fries and my favorite salad. I can eat fries any time on any day of the year. Call it a frie and i shall happily try it. So i have been trying new recipes and i found this amazingly delish fries-dish on FoodNetwork because that is one of my fave sites (no shock there!!) It is baked chili fries topped with cheese and bacon… Yes it is what it sounds like. HEAVENLY! Below is the recipe for your trial;
- 2 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- pinch salt
- 1 pound bag fingerling potatoes (or 2 medium russet potatoes)
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tablespoon grill seasoning
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 Tablespoons chopped chives
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- homemade ranch dressing
- Mix together cornstarch, chili powders, paprika, cumin, and a pinch of salt. You can add red pepper flakes and a pinch of cayenne if you want, but I didn’t want to make these too spicy in case the kids wanted to try them.
- I did not have any regular potatoes, only fingerlings, so I gave them a half peel, and cut them into wedges. Add them to a large bowl, toss the potatoes with olive oil, Worcestershire sauce, and grill seasoning.
- Sprinkle the cornstarch mixture over the potatoes.
- Toss until the potatoes are completely coated. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, and spray with cooking spray. Put the oven rack in the center of the oven, and preheat to 425 degrees. Arrange the potatoes on the baking sheet in a single layer. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes. Give them a toss a few times during the cooking time.
- I transfered my potatoes to a cast iron skillet, but you can keep the fries on the baking sheet if you want.
- Cover the fries with cheese.
- And bacon.
- Put back in the oven until the cheese is melted. Sprinkle with chopped chives.
Hope you love it like i do.
Nothing spells out casual chic like a beautiful tee. I love them in all patterns, sizes, lengths and styles. For the normal tees, i love them on practically ANYTHING.
If you are scared to try the crop tees, don’t be afraid, here are some guidelines to play with;
1) Try it with a high waisted skirt or pair of pants.
2) Pair it with a pencil skirt.
3) Layer it underneath a waterfall blazer or sweater.
4) Cover it up with a shirt or long vest to give it some edge.
AND finally, enjoy the look and rock it.
I love magazines, who doesn’t? the gossip, fashion and lifestyle take you to a new world where you know so much about your fave celebrities as though you are BFFs. I decided to collect my fave mag covers for this year so far; from Katie Perry’s retro sexy GQ cover through Kate Winslet’s regal Glamor cover to my al time fave Kim and Kanye Vogue cover. Take a look at my picks 🙂