If you know me, you would probably have figured by now that i love the feline cat eye make up, what people call the CAT EYE. I keep getting asked how i make it and so i decided to share with you here 🙂
All you need is a basic eyeliner but my fave is MAC dark black liquid liner or pencil, lancome hypnose mascara black- 6.5g custom wear volume, a neutral color pallette and a really steady hand for the job. So here are my tips for beginners;
1. Find a shade of eyeshadow that is very slightly lighter than your eyelid skin tone. Apply it all over the eyelid using a large eyeshadow brush.
2. Apply a highlight color. Begin directly below your inner brow sweep outwards, following the natural arch of the brow.
3. Apply a darker brown into the outer crease of your eyelid. This should go all the way to the outermost portion of the crease.
4. Gently blend the crease color so that it is not too drastic
5. Using an eyeliner pencil, dot along the lash line from the inner corner to the outer corner. Do it close to the lash line. Only do about 4 dots.
6. Use the dots as a guide. Connect the dots slowly with a liquid liner. Try to stay as close to your lash line as possible.
7. Begin slightly slanting upwards when you get to the middle of your eye.Extend just past the corner of your eye. Once you have created the outline, fill it in.
8. Apply eyeliner to the lower lash line. This can be as thick or as thin as you’d like it, but be sure to stay close to your lash line—gaps are not desired in this look.
9. Apply dark mascara.
10. ALL DONE.
From Gucci to Kardashian Kollection, designers have made sunglasses so trendy and chic. I love cat shaped shades but any shape is amazing. You can opt for the 80s round style or the amazing aviators. From winter white to black and all the colors in between, you can rock your shades and elevate your outfit. I love animal print frames for my shades as they look incredible in all colors and on anything. Take a look at my faves.
If you love cute girly but sexy nails, the matte nails are the trend to rock now. Matte nails are not shiny or anything, they kind of look like wall paint but a beautiful warm finish. You can rock the OPI black polish with a french tip for the nails or go konad and put patterns on top of the polish. I also love adding glitter on top of the polish for a shimmering but girly look. So go out and get noticed.
So we all have those days when our lips seem dry and chappy so i thought i would share my little secrets to beating this little unfashionable look. So here are a few tips and tricks from my bag of tricks;
1. Hydrate your body with lots of water which promotes health and also helps keep the lips moist.
2. Buy a good lipbalm, such as Nivea lip vaseline or chapsticks to keep the lips moist and healthy.
3. Avoid licking your lips all the time because it causes more chapping.
4. Get a nice creamy lipstick, such as Revlon to act like a lip balm and keep moisture in the lips.
5. The best and easiest trick is to use ordinary body vaseline as a lip balm to prevent blisters and dry lips.
6. Try eos under Vaseline before going to bed. The eos lipbalm will hydrate, and the Vaseline will keep in moisture and help moisturize as well.
And lastly, you can use MAC Cosmetics Lip Conditioner. The unisex style tube has a slanted applicator that makes getting into the corners of your mouth super easy. Plus, it can be worn on top of your lipstick for an extra glossy and hydrating finish. So go out with cute buffy and moist lips all day.
Most of us might avoid this topic but underwear is as important to an outfit as the outfit itself. The wrong fit can turn a runway look into a trash bin pick out. Wrong underwear can add more bulk, lumps and bumps that we are always seeming to try to hide. But the right ones will give you license to wear just about anything by accentuating your figure to its best advantage. For us, D cup majors, finding the perfect underwear might seem impossible but follow these simple tips from my bag of tricks and you can achieve the very best.
1) Know your size to the T. Comfort is about fit before all else. Underwear that pinches, pulls, squashes, rides up, and generally makes your life as unpleasant as possible should be avoided because you are not supposed to be uncomfortable or in pain. So always measure up before purchasing anything.
2) Accentuate your curves with the high waist briefs which secretly smoothes your tummy and nips your midsection and hips without being too tight, a great choice to wear with dresses that cinch at the waist.
3) Find the perfect bra. This elevates your look to a hole new level. It minimizes your waist too so the secret lies in the perfect uplift and fit for your chest. Always know your size and never go smaller as it will lead into bulky and unattractive looks.
4) Go invisible with boy shorts. Every underwear drawer needs a few pairs of cute but easy-to-wear styles that you’ll reach for again and again. Boy shorts are the men’s boxer equivalent for women. They’re comfy on everyone, no matter your figure. What’s even better about them is that they’re completely seamless, which means you can hide them under tight pants or a figure-skimming dress and no one will know.
5) Have fun experimenting all sorts of trends. Its all about your comfort and feeling sexy from the inside out. So go out there and shop for your new year with a few underwear tips. Don’t be shy about.
The one thing Popeye and Beetlejuice have in common is stripes. Since my love for BW, my love for stripes has increased. This trend is timeless and so versatile. From dresses to bras, stripes are chic, whimsical and classic but since its winter/ cold in most part of the world right now, you can try the warm mmaterials for the trend like sweater or leather. For a vintage twist to an ordinary outfit, add a cute brightly striped scarf. To get rid of the monochrome outfit, add a pair of stripe-printed heels or statement printed necklace for a classic look. If you are concerned that stripes might not flatter your lower half, you should try the striped skirt because the vertical print will elongate and slim your legs. Am so into printed underwear especially bras because they are sexy and just add some fun to any outfit. If you like adventure, you can try mixing prints, with polka dots or florals but just make sure the dimensions vary so as not to look clownish and just have fun.