Black is the new black 🙂 All black doesnt have to be boring. It can be edgy and fashionable yet sexy if you follow the few tricks below:
1. Mix up textures to avoid a mono tone look, like leather and lace, fur, etc
2. Vary the shapes as well like peplums and cutouts for a fun look.
3. Be generous with accessories to add some edge and spice to the look.
4. Layer up the outfit by using a blazer for example.
But most of all, have fun and feel sexy in the look.
The Monochrome trend started in the men’s wear collections but its sucha big hit with women’s fashion as well. Its all about getting the perfect mono color or print for a single outfit. Ofcourse my favorite is BW color combo as its simple, easy and simply stylishly classy. If you want to add a little whimsy and edge to your outfit without looking a lttle gothic, you can use my fave trick of combining different materials like leather, lace or cotton, plus different prints like flowers, dots and stripes. I love dots mixed with stripes. YES! mght sound a little clownish but done perfectly, can turn into a New York Fashion Week trend off the run way. Here are a few of my fave mono looks.
I love head bands, flowers and anything accessory in my hair so i tried the 2014 turban look. Its so cute and effortlessly chic. The look comes in floral, tribal and any print really, it comes in satin, woolen,cotton as well.
If it is your first time playing around with turban headbands, here are a few tips to consider:
- Always brush your hair into place before you put on your headband. Once it’s on, it is very hard to adjust the hairs.
- Start by placing the front of the headband on your forehead and stretch the rest of the headband behind your head. For me, this is the easiest way to put on my turban headbands without messing up my hair.
- If you’re wearing a braid, after you have the headband on, pull out some hairs to frame your face and loosen up the look.
- If you’re leaving your hair down, simply fluff up your curls by pulling them apart to create fullness.
- You can also clip or hold all your hair in a pony tail and cover it with the turban.
whatever style you decide to try, just have fun and rock.
Welcome to the week of LOVE!!!If you want to incorporate some red in your wardrobe, here are some ideas.
I started my love for writing some decades ago when at 10 years old,i realised i would easily express my feelings and thoughts with a pen and paper. I could draw and write how i felt about the baby doll in a parasole, my mama gave me on my birthday and how tired i was of the cookies she would pack for me for school. It is the same time i discovered my passion for my signature with a butterfly symbol.
Years later, i took my writing passion and transferred it to my little scented note books for little notes for my friends and family. I took that passion and made it my life by having diaries here and there (plus naming them accordingly) i had a diary for everything and anything, from contact diary to poem diary to my little fairy diary for all my thoughts and daily adventures.
Flash forward to three years ago, when i made the biggest transformation yet, by joining other bloggers in their endeavour of sharing their amazing thoughts with the rest of the world, and as usual, i found the perfect name for my blog. MEMOIRS OF A PRINCESS because it is a reflection of me, my thoughts and feelings and i have never been prouder so i want to thank you for all the likes and views. MERCI BEAUCOUP.