So i love to cook, bake and do anything that involves good food. This christmas season, i shall be sharing some of my favorite recipes, easy to make and convenient.
this is my recipe for my favorite chicken fajitas;
- Turn on oven to 200 deg celsius and wrap the tortillas in foil.
- Finely slice chicken, onion and pepper.
- Add these to a mixing bowl and then add the marinade ingredients in the listed order.
- Heat a griddle pan until smoking hot and put the tortillas in the oven wrapped in the foil. Add contents of the mixing bowl to the pan and keep them moving over a high heat using tongs so you get a nice charring effect. Be careful not to overcook the chicken as it can become dry. 10 seconds or so after you can no longer see any raw parts of chicken, find the thickest part and tear in half to check if it is cooked. It is often cooked a lot quicker than you think. the idea is to get chicken that is still moist but charred on the outside, which requires a high heat.
- Once cooked tip the pan contents into a large bowl and serve with the heated tortillas (they should have been in the oven around 8 mins), salad and salsa.