Wedge boots are hot every season and are definitely my favorite way of booting up my outfits. They are hot with almost anything but look best with;maxi skirts, Some jumpsuits, Shorts, Short skirts. Bohemian styles, Thin, gauzy fabrics, Wrap dresses, Wide or flared jeans or pants and Gauchos. Where as they are versatile, be careful pairing them up with Pencil skirts, Capri pants and Pants with narrow or straight legs. But never fear to try out any new fashion. Remember fashion is a risk all year round.
Its christmas time again and i love the color that comes along with it. One of my favorite outfit combinations is white and red, as i like to call it RW. Two perfectly different hues but work so well together, in their different tones and . Above are some of my favorite outfit ideas.
So i love to cook, bake and do anything that involves good food. This christmas season, i shall be sharing some of my favorite recipes, easy to make and convenient.
this is my recipe for my favorite chicken fajitas;
- Turn on oven to 200 deg celsius and wrap the tortillas in foil.
- Finely slice chicken, onion and pepper.
- Add these to a mixing bowl and then add the marinade ingredients in the listed order.
- Heat a griddle pan until smoking hot and put the tortillas in the oven wrapped in the foil. Add contents of the mixing bowl to the pan and keep them moving over a high heat using tongs so you get a nice charring effect. Be careful not to overcook the chicken as it can become dry. 10 seconds or so after you can no longer see any raw parts of chicken, find the thickest part and tear in half to check if it is cooked. It is often cooked a lot quicker than you think. the idea is to get chicken that is still moist but charred on the outside, which requires a high heat.
- Once cooked tip the pan contents into a large bowl and serve with the heated tortillas (they should have been in the oven around 8 mins), salad and salsa.
Nothing spells out casual chic like a beautiful tee. I love them in all patterns, sizes, lengths and styles. For the normal tees, i love them on practically ANYTHING.
If you are scared to try the crop tees, don’t be afraid, here are some guidelines to play with;
1) Try it with a high waisted skirt or pair of pants.
2) Pair it with a pencil skirt.
3) Layer it underneath a waterfall blazer or sweater.
4) Cover it up with a shirt or long vest to give it some edge.
AND finally, enjoy the look and rock it.
It’s the Christmas season and my favorite time of the year. I love statement necklaces and what better way to spice up your outfit. When donning a bold necklace, it is important to keep the rest of your look simple and sleek. Let the necklace make the statement, and if you feel it’s appropriate, compliment it with a bold lip. Here are some ideas from Lauren Conrad, as to how you can style a bold necklace with items you probably already have in your closet.
- Keep it Collared. Update your oxford by buttoning your blouse all the way up. Then layer your look-at-me necklace under the collar so it is just peeking out from underneath the collar.
- Minimize Distractions. Let your necklace shine by avoiding earrings all together (unless they are very subtle posts). Also, gaudy rings and excessive arm flair should be kept to a minimum. When I wear a bold necklace, I avoid extra jewelry all together. If anything, I will wear a few simple, thin band rings.
It is the festive season and what better way for my blog to celebrate than to celebrate style favorites.
Marilyn Monroe was the biggest style icon of all time, from her amazing acting skills to her sex bomb style. She continues to inspire fashion and acting up to now but the biggest inspiration she has, is not only in pencil dresses, but her blonde curly hair. If you love her hair, you might love it more when its YOU with it. Here are a few simple steps i take to make my hair look as iconic as the legend herself;
1) To get a soft curl, like the late great Marilyn Monroe, you’re going to need some supplies. Gather a comb, brush, mousse, hairspray, and hot rollers.
2) Start with clean, wet hair and apply an ample amount of a thick mousse through your hair. Part your hair to one side and blow dry.
3) When your hair is dry and your hot rollers are good and hot, start rolling. I recommend starting with the front of your hair where your bangs are located. Create a “mowhawk” down the center of your head and roll your hair, one section at a time.
4) After your rollers are cooled and removed, simple brush your hair out well to remove all “roller marks”. Using your comb, lightly back comb your hair where necessary to add height or shape and then spray with hairspray to hold the look. If your rollers are placed and cooled properly, this type of Marilyn Monroe look should fall into place very easily.
Enjoy rocking the DO.
I love floppy hats. The right ones add a sexy yet lady like class to any outfit. Team your favorite hat with your fave big shades for an image right out of Breakfast At Tiffany’s
I also love matching its color to my outfit for a more coordinated look but color blocking adds an edge and sass to any look.
Here are my fave looks.